Data is an invaluable asset, especially as most businesses are going digital. MTN, which is among the top players in the telecommunications sector, has different data plans for businesses to enable them to share and manage their internet data within their establishment. One such data plan is SME Data Share, which is primarily designed for small and medium enterprises.
However, to start using the SME data share, you will need to register for it and get a PIN to authorize and authenticate your data sharing within your company. To register and get an SME data sharing PIN, you will need to follow some simple procedures, and that’s the focus of this guide.
How to Register SME Data Share
With SME data sharing, small and medium enterprises can comfortably buy and distribute data bundles for their staff. This package is designed to enable enterprises to regulate their data usage while ensuring that the needed internet connection is available to all staff. To register for SME data sharing, follow the steps below:
1. Switch to MTN BizPlus Plan
The first step to take when you want to register for SME data sharing is to migrate to the MTN BizPlus plan. This plan is tailored to enable enterprises to share data among their staff. To migrate to this plan, just dial *460*1#
2. Choose your Preferred data bundles and sharing methods
After migrating to the MTN BizPlus plan, the next thing is to choose your preferred data bundles and sharing methods that suit you. Interestingly, there are numerous data bundles that you can choose from, depending on your business needs. Once you choose the bundle, you can share it using USSD codes, myMTNApp, or via SMS.
3. Allot Data to Staff
Once you buy your desired data bundles, you can then share them among your staff. At this point, you can decide to allot different quantities of data to each staff member depending on their job description. This is one of the advantages of SME data because it allows you, as the sponsor, to assign data to your employee, thereby controlling the data usage.
How to Get SME Data Share PIN
Before you can start using the SME data sharing feature, you are required to get an SME data sharing PIN. There are two distinct methods that you can use to get an SME data share PIN. Viz: Through the online portal or by the use of the USSD code.
Via the Online Portal
To get an SME data sharing PIN through the online portal, follow the steps below:
- Login to the MTN SME share online portal
- Open any browser on your device and login to mymtn.com.ng.
- Login using your MTN line
- Once you are logged in, a self-service online homepage will prompt you.
- Create your MTN SME Data Share PIN
- On the homepage of the portal, locate the Data Share or SME Data Share option. You may see it under separate tile or menu
- Access the data settings by clicking on the SME Data Share
- Once you click on the setting, you will see an option to create or reset your SME Data Share PIN. Now, click on it
- At this point, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions carefully to be able to generate your PIN. If you have a PIN already, you will be asked to input your new PIN, but if you’re generating it for the first time, just proceed by entering your current PIN.
- If you follow the steps carefully, you will be able to generate a PIN, and your MTN SME Data Share PIN is ready to be used.
Another alternative method that you can use to get the SME data share PIN is through the use of the USSD code. To get started, follow the simple steps below:
- On your MTN line, dial *4612#.
- Choose option 2 from the menu that will prompt, which is an option for resetting or retrieving the SME Data Share PIN.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the PIN generation process. Ensure that you adhere strictly to the instructions.
How to be Eligible for SME Data Share
To qualify for the SME data sharing program, you are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria: The requirements are:
- You must have a physical shop with an influx of human activity.
- A valid means of identification like an international passport, voter card, or national ID is also needed.
- A minimum working capital of N20,000 is also required
- You must provide a recent passport photograph.
Since SME data sharing is important in small and medium enterprises, it is important to register for it and create a special PIN that you can use to share the data within your staff. However, before opting to join the SME data sharing program, ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria to enable seamless registration.